Frequently Asked Questions
Answers and information regarding frequently asked questions.
Do Timpson Locksmiths operate in my post code or area?
- We are a Nationwide Locksmith covering the UK.
How soon can we get someone out?
- In emergency situations, We can usually arrange for a locksmith to arrive within an hour.
Can you open / repair / fix locks?
- We can open most locks non-destructively, and aim to repair rather than replace locks, to keep the cost down.
How long will it take the locksmith to complete?
- Times can vary depending on the job. For example a mortice lock change (on average) would take around 45 minutes, but a Yale lock could be repaired or replaced within 20 minutes.
Will they have the parts on the van?
- Usually. Our locksmiths carry a comprehensive range of locks and associated security parts on well stocked vans by normal industry standards.
Will I get charged for a second visit if your locksmith needs to return with any parts?
- No. You will only get charged for one call out, plus time on site.
Does the locksmith carry various locks for me to choose from?
- There are various locks to choose from in different styles and finishes.
What guarantee do I get?
- All parts are guaranteed for 12 months.
Will I need a new lock?
- We will try and repair all locks and will only replace if necessary.
How can I pay?
- We accept cash or credit card.
Can you come in the evening / weekends?
- We can. We operate 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Can we be invoiced?
- We can invoice account customers on receipt of faxed headed paper.
Can I get a receipt?
- Yes, You will receive a VAT receipt on completion.
Can I get a free quote?
- We can arrange for a free site survey to quote for anything out of the ordinary.
Can you come at a certain time?
- Yes, We can arrange a convenient time to suit.
Can you gain entry to a friends / relations property?
- No. We can only gain entry with the owner’s express permission.
Can you advise whether I need extra security on my door?
- Yes, The locksmith can advise what security would be necessary.
Do your locks conform to British Standard?
- We fit locks that do conform to British Standard. Please stipulate this with the locksmith on site, or on the phone.
If I need to call back who do I ask for?
- We will provide you with a unique reference number, which will allow anyone at Timpson Locksmiths to help.
Can you tell me the name of the locksmith before he arrives?
We will ask the locksmith to phone before he arrives to confirm all details.
Do Timpson Locksmiths carry ID?
Yes, All our locksmiths carry ID.