The Role of a Locksmith
What does a locksmith do?
- Fitting locks to doors and windows
- Repair and replace and service locks
- Lockouts, door opening service
- Cutting keys and making new keys
- Fitting digital and stand alone electronic locks
- Repair and replace and service stand alone electronic locks
- Repair and replace and service safes
- Boarding windows and doors
- Providing a 24-hour call-out service
- Provide quotes and recommendations on upgrading security
What qualifications do I need?
You don’t need any qualifications to be a locksmith though carpentry experience will be useful. We provide full training starting with an initial 4 week internal training program in general locksmithing. Further training and refresher training including safe engineering and access control will be provided at regular intervals.
What are the hours for a locksmith?
Our locksmiths are contracted to work 40 hours a week, Timpson Locksmiths offer a 24 hour service 365 days a year which means there will be some evening and weekend work which will be on a rota basis.
At times when you may be quiet you are expected to be in your base branch helping cutting keys or self promoting yourself in your local area. All our locksmiths offer a mobile service covering a 40-50 mile radius of the base branch, therefore you will need a full UK driving licence.
What skills will I need?
- Full clean driving licence
- Clean CRB check
- Excellent organisational Skills
- Strong and confident communicator both written and verbal at all levels
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Team player
If you are interested in becoming a locksmith please click here to view our current vacancies